Thursday, October 27, 2011

25 years and counting

Currently watching the Cardinals-Rangers World Series, Game 6, with Texas needing three more outs for their first ever championship, I felt it time to reflect on the 25th anniversary of my beloved Mets only World Series title of my life.

I went to bed crying after the Red Sox homered twice in the second inning to go up 3-0. Thankfully, my mom woke me up when the Mets tied it at 3. Ray Knight homered soon after my waking, putting the Mets ahead for good. Darryl Strawberry hit a monstrous home run in the 8th for some insurance. In the ninth, Jesse Orosco delivered the 2-2 pitch. Marty Barrett swung and missed. I went ape shit and this is what it looked like on the field.

                                                         VICTORY!

Thanks Mets! Now go out and get me another one before I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment